Thursday, May 5, 2016

Reducing dishes

My dishwasher is a mini counter top version, which is better than nothing, but still not perfect. One thing I do to reduce dishes is scramble eggs in a short glass. I often find that I have more short cup/glass space and no extra other space to use. Bowls take much more room than a glass.

This next thing seems counter intuitive because I could (and used to) drink out of the shaker bottle. But! I used to also leave the shaker bottle in the office or car or it'd get left somewhere and not washed and get really nasty. I nearly purged it recently because of my bad habit, but it really works great at shaking (and I accidentally bought another canister of protein shake powder) so I thought of another solution. Pour the shake into a (much easier to clean if it gets dried out) glass. Then while I'm still in the kitchen I put the shaker directly into the dish washer (that I'm in the habit of emptying in the morning when I usually have my shake!)
I've been doing this for a week or so and I'm actually sticking with it. So while it uses more dishes, it isn't a problem because it helps me stay focused on the dishkeeping (think housekeeping) goals.

2 comments:

  1. I have discovered that I don't even need to scramble the eggs first - that is a put plenty of butter or oil in the pan and crack the eggs straight into the pan and just scramble them as they are cooking! Works fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Dishes

    ReplyDelete