Saturday, May 28, 2016

My feelings of self consciousness

I try not to compare myself with others. When I do I am usually motivated to be more of the mom/wife/homemaker that I want to be, I try not to put myself down about my lack of natural tidiness. I look at what I do get accomplished and what's important to me.

Still though it's hard to invite people over when I know their houses are always clean and I cringe when people stop in because the hardest place to keep clean, the kitchen, is the first thing people see from the door.
I know that I'm a great mom and a good person, that my house keeping habits aren't a reflection of my character, but I still worry what people think.
In reality they aren't likely thinking about anything but the fact that I'm real and human and parenting can be hard sometimes and no one is perfect. At least that's what I'm gonna tell myself they're thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment