Monday, November 2, 2015

Chest Freezer Organization

I would LOVE a standing freezer for organization reasons but this was a gift, a very generous gift, so we use what we have.
After years of digging through trying random baskets and stuff, I finally read this idea and LOVED it.

I've collected random shopping bags from various stores or promotional bags that I could use different colors for each category. I did this about a year ago and it's been working beautifully so I decided to share it!

It's easy to pull everything out to get to what I'm looking for in the bottom because it's all in bags.

I just pulled everything out, sorted by category and made a list. Easy peasy. I try to keep the list updated so I can tell what I have for meal planning.
The list sits on top with a magnet (so it doesn't slide off when we open it).

Most commonly used foods are in the fridge freezer.

THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP:
Do not leave an entire bag of food out on the floor after getting something out. Make sure you get it all back inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment