Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Secret is in the positioning.

I am a big fan of The Secret, not for it's spiritual universe given gifts, but for the change in mentality of thoughts.
Assuming the best, believing that what you need will come to you, being grateful not only for what you have but for what you will receive. All of these practices of The Secret work well because it shifts the focus and positioning to the positive side. Your life will instantly improve, even if actual facts about the situation do not change at all.
At the very least, it cannot hurt.

What reminded me of this positioning shift was reading about The Pomodoro technique for time management. One of the key points that I pulled from the forward in the free sample of the book I got on kindle was that the timer is your ally, not your enemy or your competition.

I LOVE the idea that I am working WITH the time I am given and I can be grateful for that time to get things done.
This will completely shift my thought process regarding task management.
I realize that I like getting things done, even if I don't always like actually doing them. I recognize and appreciate the difference it makes in my life when things get done. Time is a partner, a friend, an ally to help me get things done. How great a feeling that time can be my friend, my partner in crime rather than my nemesis.
I can feel myself thanking time for being provided to me and feeling very positive about it.

So far the pomodoro technique is just a theory for my purposes but if I can keep the positive positioning in mind I bet I can use this mentality not only for time management but in food choices and physical activity.
Now, I am going to say thank you and good night to my bed and imagine my bed as my assistant and utilize her capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment