Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Grateful for sharing.

A few months back, on Eats on Feets's Facebook page I read a post from an adoptive mom in my town looking for milk for her adopted baby who was not yet born.
I have been pumping most every day since Penny was 6 weeks old. A few nights a week while I'm working, Penny needs a bottle. I pump 2-4 times more than she drinks, and we have never needed to use anything from the freezer.
The new baby was born a few weeks ago and her Daddy picked up milk from us the other day. It was a great feeling to be able to share our liquid gold with his daughter.
I hope to be able to continue donating milk to this family.
I am very grateful for the modern day milksharing opportunity, for my pump, and for my body for producing enough to exclusively bm feed Penny, to nurse Ellie a few times a day and to pump for their adopted milksister.

No comments:

Post a Comment